Alexa, How Was Prime Day?
Amazon sold 175 million products during Prime Day last week, which is projected at $5.8 billion in total sales over 48 hours.
- Amazon Prime Day 2019 generated more sales than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Amazon drove more member signups on July 15 than any previous day in company history, and almost as many on July 16 – making these the two biggest days ever for member signups.
Similar to previous years, Adobe recorded positive impact to retailers outside of Amazon as Prime Day has become a cross-site shopping holiday driven by increased traffic and conversion rates.
- Retailers with revenues over $1B saw their average daily revenues jump by 68% during Prime Day.
- Small-to-medium size retailers saw a 28% increase in sales.
- Despite the increased competition during this time period, media is not as expensive as originally predicted, with our clients experiencing negligible differences in CPMs and CPCs across Facebook and Google.
Prime Day continues to grow in YoY sales and impact across the web. It is more important than ever that retailers find their own voice during Prime Day, both on and off Amazon.
- Focus on offering big promotions and free shipping during next year’s Prime Day
- Expect increased traffic to your site from shoppers who are comparing prices (mostly driven by paid and organic search)
- While CVRs may not be as high off of Amazon, it is still very valuable and affordable to have strong a FB and Google presence during this time.
- Wondering how to make the most of Prime Day? Let us perform a digital marketing audit, and we’ll show you how to increase your revenue by 25% in 3 months.
Ovative is a digital-first media and measurement firm seeking to transform the measure of marketing success. At Ovative, we help brands move the needle. We are curious. We value your brand. We want to see you succeed. Connect with us to learn more!