Ovative Group is a marketing measurement and optimization firm. We build omni-channel measurement capabilities that unlock Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), a marketing KPI which we have developed to reflect the many ways marketing impacts client businesses—through all sales channels and customer types. We build products to support client and internal teams in this effort, including our core media measurement solution, the Marketing Analytics Platform (MAP). We further drive action through the delivery of our marketing, analytics, and technology services. Our clients operate in many industries including retail, CPG, health care, and education. We are a consistently fast-growing company with the highest standards for talent, fun, and client success.
About the Role
As the Director of Product Management, you will be the central leader responsible for the strategy guiding product development at Ovative, including setting the vision for what we are building and driving forward the successful delivery of that vision. This role has leadership over our Product and Project Management functions and works closely with leaders from across the organization – including leaders of our Development (Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Visualization) and Client Services (Media, Consulting, and Measurement Services) teams. You’ll play a pivotal role in ensuring Ovative stays ahead of the market and will help drive profitable performance through all our business units.
Responsibilities of the Director of Product Management
- Product Vision, Strategy, and Management
- Work with internal and client teams, as well as your own market expertise, to develop a POV on measurement technology’s role in delivering Enterprise Marketing Return
- Develop a product vision which can guide Ovative’s product investments for the next 3 – 5 years
- Translate the product vision into a 12-month product roadmap
- Manage the Product Management team in developing detailed Product requirements which can be effectively delivered by development teams. Ensure this team’s continued connection to stakeholders across the organization.
- Lead Ovative through its continued transition toward a product-focused organization, including evaluating necessary process improvements and supporting the education and adoption by a diverse group of stakeholders
- Project Management and Execution
- Lead the Project Management team, ensuring effective processes are implemented and followed to deliver on-time client projects and product development
- Deliver excellent communication and visibility to project processes, working through your team of project managers to keep stakeholders confident and informed
- Guide strategic efforts to identify opportunities and improve processes related to the below responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Technical and business level documentation
- Backlog management and prioritization
- Release planning and management
- Capacity planning
- Team organization
- Team & Client Leadership
- Serve as the “face” of Ovative product capabilities, supporting client communication, market positioning, business development, and other external-facing initiatives
- Manage a team of 4+, including analyst- and senior manager-level resources
- Engage as a senior leader within Ovative’s Capability Development team, coordinating with executives within the organization to guide wide-ranging strategy
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- 3-5 years of experience leading product management function at an enterprise-level organization or at a marketing or analytics firm.
- Managing a team including product managers, project managers, and/or development resources
- Developing products from ideation, through scoping and requirements gathering, to development, rollout, and maintenance
- Scaling existing products across diverse client types and responding to changing needs
- Successfully managing for profitability with input to resources and hiring, product positioning and pricing, organizational strategy, etc.
- Demonstrating excellent communication, management, and strategic thinking skills in a collaborative environment
- Product development
- Project management
- Marketing and data technology
- Detail orientation
- Organization and documentation
- Communication and listening
- Emotional intelligence
- Structured thinking
Benefits of working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace five-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!